Kendrick Lamar wiki biography
Lyricist Kendrick Lamar is a popular rapper and songwriter best known for his alliance with rap star and super producer Dr. Dre. He has collaborated with many famous artists like Young Jeezy, The Game, Talib Kweli, Busta Rhymes and Lil Wayne.
KENDRICK LAMAR EARLY LIFE
Kendrick Lamar was born on 17th June 1987 in Campton, California. Her mother named her Kendrick in the honor of famous singer or songwriter Eddie Kendricks. His parents had transferred from Chicago to Campton to get away from the city’s gang culture. However, Kendrick’s father was associated with the popular gangster disciples group. With the 980s break exchange and West Coast group nearness expanded, Lamar grew up around tricky road action, but instead of getting hurt by it, it impacted him.
Kendrick completed his primary schooling from McNair Elementary in Compton Unified School District. After that he went to Centennial High School in Compton for higher studies. Kendrick is a bright student since childhood and always got A+ grade. He was good in writing, first short stories and poems and then he started writing lyrics.
KENDRICK LAMAR CAREER JOURNEY
Kendrick Lamar released his first debut project; a mixtape titled ‘Youngest Head Nigga in Charge’, under the pseudonym K-Dot at the age of sixteen in the year 2004. He got appreciated a lot for this album and also got a contract with record label Top Dawg Entertainment. He started working with the album ‘training day’ and later on released his album with the mixtape of 26 song recordings.
He worked with the famous rappers like Jay Rock and Ya Boy between 2006 and 2007. In 2009, he has also created his hip-hop group ‘black hippy’ with Jay Rock, Schoolboy Q and Ab-Soul. Then, in 2010, he released his first mixtape ‘‘Overly Dedicated’ as Kendrick Lamar.
It was the time period in which he gained a lot of popularity from his songs and hit albums. In 2011, he was called as a ‘The New King of the West Coast’ by Game, Snoop Dogg, and Dr. Dre during a concert. In the year 2015, he collaborated with Taylor Swift in the remix version of ‘black blood’ and was featured in the video as well.
KENDRICK LAMAR AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Kendrick Lamar got the BET Hip Hop Award in the ‘Lyricist of the Year’ class in 2012 and 2013.
- In 2013, he was honored with the Vanguard Award at the ASCAP Rhythm and Soul Music Awards; BET Award in two classes – ‘Best New Artist’ and ‘Best Male Hip-Hop Artist’.
- In 2013, he additionally won the Soul Train Music Awards for ‘Collection of the Year’ for Good Kid, M.A.A.D City.
- In 2014 and 2015, he was picked the ‘Best Male Hip-Hop Artist’ at the BET Awards.
- In 2015, he won the Grammy Awards for ‘Best Rap Song’ and ‘Best Rap Performance’ for ‘I’.
- In 2015, he got the Grammy grant for ‘Best Music Video’ for ‘Ill will’ (with Taylor Swift). His collection ‘To Pimp a Butterfly’ won the ‘Collection of the Year’ at the Grammys in 2016.
KENDRICK LAMAR BIOGRAPHY/Wiki
|Name||Kendrick Lamar Duckworth|
|Profession||Rapper and lyricist|
|Date of birth||7 June 1987|
|Birth place||Campton California, united states|
|Father’s name||Kenny Duckworth|
|Mother’s name||Paula Oliver|
More Such awesome Biography you may like to read as