Anup Chandra Pandey is a retired Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer who served within the state of Uttar Pradesh. On June 9, 2021, Anup Chandra Pandey was appointed India’s Election Commissioner.
Wiki / Biography
Anup Chandra Pandey was born on Sunday February 15, 1959 (age 62 years; from 2021) in Chandigarh, India. His zodiac signal is Aquarius. Anup Chandra graduated from Chandigarh and went to Punjab Engineering Faculty to earn a bachelor’s diploma in mechanical engineering. He then pursued a Masters of Enterprise Administration from the College of Punjab in Supplies Administration, after which obtained a PhD. in historic historical past from the College of Magadh, Bihar.
Peak (approx): 5’4
Eye color: Black
Hair colour: Gray
Anup Pandey graduated from the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Officer Group in 1984 and was appointed Deputy Justice of the Peace in Lucknow in 1985. Through the years, Anup Chandra Pandey has held varied positions within the authorities of Uttar Pradesh and authorities. from India. He was appointed Chief Secretary of Uttar Pradesh, Further Chief Secretary for Infrastructure and Industrial Growth. He additionally grew to become the president of Udyog Bandhu and the commercial growth commissioner of Uttar Pradesh. After working for a number of years, Anup Pandey was appointed Further Secretary within the Division of Veterans Welfare of the Ministry of Protection in October 2014.
Commissioner for Infrastructure and Industrial Growth
In September 2017, Anup Chandra Pandey grew to become Further Chief Secretary and Commissioner for Infrastructure and Industrial Growth of Uttar Pradesh. The ceremony was carried out by the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh. Anup took workplace on September 9, 2017 and retired on August 31, 2019.
Chief Secretary of Uttar Pradesh
Anup Pandey was appointed Chief Secretary to the Authorities of Uttar Pradesh in June 2018. He retired from workplace on August 31, 2019.
India’s Election Commissioner
Anup Chandra Pandey was appointed Election Commissioner of India by the President of India on June 8, 2021. Pandey took workplace on June 9, 2021. The official gazette notification was as follows:
Pursuant to clause (2) of Article 324 of the Structure, the President is happy to nominate Shri Anup Chandra Pandey, IAS (Retd.) (UP: 1984) as Commissioner of Elections from the date to which he takes up his duties “,
Following the appointment of Anup Chandra Pandey as Election Commissioner, many individuals opposed the choice to pick out Pandey as the brand new Election Commissioner, together with Senior Supreme Courtroom Counsel Prashant Bhushan and the top of the ICC ( ML) Dipankar Ghosh. Prashant Bhushan raised his voice with a tweet on his Twitter account.
Whereas our petition asking for a school to nominate EC has been stored on maintain with no listening to, the federal government is unilaterally appointing the person handpicked by Adityanath as EC! All regulatory establishments are subverted by this authoritieshttps://t.co/oETCN9qKMG
– Prashant Bhushan (@ pbhushan1) June 9, 2021
Details / Anecdotes
- Anup Chandra Pandey has been appointed Election Commissioner by the President of India and he’ll be a part of the three-member bench with Chief Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra and Rajiv Kumar.
- Anup Chandra Pandey was instrumental in planning, organizing and coordinating the Investor Summit in 2018 and the Kumbh Mela in 2019. The Investor Summit introduced collectively delegates from all over the world and obtained an funding of over 4 lakh crores.
- Throughout his service for the Authorities of India as Deputy Secretary within the Union’s Ministry of Labor and Employment, Anup has represented India on the ILO, G20 and different worldwide occasions.
- Anup Chandra has written a guide referred to as “Governance in Historic India”. The guide focuses on discussing the evolution, nature, scope and all associated features of the Indian civil service system from the Rig Veda interval to AD 650.